NATURE OF THE JOB
This is a post award accounting job for specific grants. The job entails management of the day-to-day financial transactions of the grants and involves transaction processing, accounting, expenditure monitoring and control, financial reporting and coordination of audits.
- Responsible for processing of payments that are due under each grant, ensuring that all source documents are checked and matched with the payment voucher before any payment is approved.
- Responsible for data capturing of transactions into SAGE ACCPAC ERP.
- Preparation of draft monthly management accounts for decision making taking into account the following:
- Analysis of grant expenditure against budget to see any variances that need to be reported to Grants Officers and Principal Investigators.
- Monitoring budget line variances and ensure that these are within allowed limits.
- Retirement of cash imprests and other advances for grants activities.
- Reconciliation of all banks, receivables and payables accounts and reporting all unusual transactions.
- Maintaining fixed asset register for the grant.
- Preparation of draft financial reports for review by Finance Officer before sending to donors or before audits.
- Liaising with the Payroll Accountants to ensure that correct salaries are remitted into the central salaries account and payments are done and accounted for accordingly.
- Preparation of schedules for income tax and withholding tax and ensure timely payment to Malawi Revenue Authority.
- Preparing schedules for receivables and payables ensuring timely collection and payment.
- Checking daily bank balances as part of treasury management to ensure that accounts are not overdrawn unnecessarily and advising the Finance Officer and Principal Investigators when funds should be transferred from the FCDA accounts to respective Local accounts.
- Acting as Desk Officer (first point of contact) with all Grants Officers/ Project Administrators for all financial issues.
Education qualification & Professional Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- 3 Years’ experience
- Knowledge of ACCPAC is a must.
Send Applications in hard copy or via email to:
The Registrar (HR)
Re: Grants Accountant Post
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Email address: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th April 2017