College of Medicine- African Center of Excellence for Public Health and Herbal Medicine (ACEPHEM)
REPORTING TO: Programmes Manager & Deputy Center Leader
1. DESCRIPTION OF ACEPHEM
- The African Center of Excellence for Public Health and Herbal Medicine is a newly established research and training center at the College of Medicine, University of Malawi. The Center is funded by the Government of Malawi through a credit facility obtained from the World Bank. The total committed funding amounts to US$ 6 million over five years.
- ACEPHEM focusses on training of highly skilled national and non-national students and fellows in public health (specializing in injuries, urban and adolescent health) and herbal medicine (epidemiology and use, behavioral aspects, efficacy and safety, and drug-drug interactions).
- ACEPHEM intends to secure the future of high quality training and research in Malawi and the southern African region. This will be achieved in part, by identifying, early on promising and highly motivated (young) individuals who have completed at least three years of undergraduate education or are within one year following completion of their first degrees.
- Situated in Blantyre, ACEPHEM intends to recruit interns with interest in any/one of the following areas of interest: adolescent health; injuries; urban health; and herbal medicine. The internship will initially run for a period of two to three months.
3. COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
Knowledge & Experience (including qualifications)
Prospective interns should submit the following documents in their application:
- One to two pages of application (cover) letter;
- Not more than two pages of motivation statement including career aspirations;
- Not more than three pages of their research ideas in any of the following: adolescent health; injuries; urban health; and herbal medicine;
- Indicate the months and year in which the internship may be taken;
- Reference letter from Dean of Faculty from institution in which the intern is enrolled as an undergraduate student.
Primary Duty Station: Blantyre, Malawi
For questions: Please send via email to: Dr Fanuel Lampiao- Deputy Center Director (email@example.com)
Copy: Prof Adamson S. Muula- Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send Applications to: The Registrar (Academic)
Re: ACEPHEM Internships
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Chichiri, Blantyre 3, Malawi
There are two Deadlines 18th June 2017 and 18th October 2017